As one of the nation’s leading universities, Higher Education Co. needed to develop a technology strategy that catalysed a shifting market in higher education and supported an IT transformation.
The objective was to establish an understanding of the current situation by developing current state strategy, business, application and technology architectures, mapping the current program of work against the architectures to create an organic target state models which would inform stakeholders of the outcome of their current investment portfolio.
The key deliverables:
- Business Motivation Model.
- Business Anchor Model (current state, current state with pain point overlay, current state with program overlay).
- Application Reference Model (current state, current state with program overlay, target state hypothesis).
- Technology Reference Model (current state, current state with program overlay, target state hypothesis).
- Technology Building Blocks.
- Target State Hypothesis Roadmap.
- IT Anchor Model (Target State).
- Supporting business and technology stakeholder communication mediums.
- Strategic 3 year technology program of work and roadmap.
The engagement established an enterprise-wide view of technology capability required to address the emerging market and the strategy to transform IT capability. By gaining an understanding of the shifting market conditions the delivered models were used to demonstrate the lack of alignment between the market, the organisations strategy, the investment portfolio and IT capabilities.
A target state hypothesis architecture featuring strategic technology building blocks was developed based on market analysis and strategic workshops.