Manufacturing Co. is a global manufacturer which develops, manufactures and distributes leading brands in selected mature and emerging markets. It operates in Africa, Asia and Europe and has first class distribution networks in these regions, enabling it to deliver brands quickly and efficiently to local consumers. The company manufactures products in the areas of personal care, home care, beauty, food and nutrition.
The objective of the engagement was to provide Manufacturing Co. with a strategic architecture roadmap for deploying a number of group-level programs (ERP, Supply Chain, etc.) into its operations around the world and to demonstrate how the roadmap could be applied to develop a country specific strategy for its regional operations.
The objective was to develop a clear architectural framework for rolling out an uplift of its manufacturing and distribution technology into its regional operating companies. The architecture was then applied to develop a regional roadmap for the regional operations.
The deliverables of the assignment included:
- A Business Motivation Model.
- A Business Anchor Model with pain point and program of work overlays.
- An Application Reference Model and an Application Interaction model.
- A Group-Level Application Roadmap relating ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ at a summary level.
- An Application Roadmap showing how group-level projects could be integrated with local IT priorities.
Manufacturing Co. had a clear blueprint for its strategic technology programs and specific recommendations for integrating these strategic programs into the local work program in its major growth regions.