Logistics Co. is an iconic national business which has continued to extend its range of services with parcel services and fulfillment, logistics management, retail and merchandising, agency and digital services. It delivers over 25 million items daily to consumer and commercial clients.
Logistics Co. had a long standing commitment to enterprise architecture with a substantial team of enterprise architects employed. The Chief Architect was conscious of a lack of consistent methods and frameworks and sought to improve efficiency, maturity and standardisation across the practice.
Enterprise Architects conducted a maturity and effectiveness assessment applying our Architecture Capability Maturity Model. The client’s current architecture methods were also mapped against TOGAF® and a gap assessment to the TOGAF® Architecture Development Method established, with recommendations for remediating material deficiencies presented to the CIO and IT leadership team. EA structured a TOGAF® training agenda, customised to client’s practices for delivery across the architecture practice.
Enterprise Architects identified recommendations that would uplift architecture maturity and effectiveness. Applying these recommendations Logistics Co. was able to:
- Improve architecture processes and metrics.
- Establish strategic target state architecture views.
- Produce architecture viewpoints focused on stakeholder needs.
- Improve stakeholder understanding of architecture roles and accountabilities.
- Create cohesion across groups engaged in delivering enterprise architecture.
- Implement TOGAF® as the architecture framework.
- Establish a framework for guiding career and capability development across architecture job family framework.