For over 200 years Service Co. has expanded its range of products and services to meet the changing needs of consumers, small-to-medium businesses and major corporations. Service Co.’s core capabilities enabled them to deliver a diverse and efficient service to their customers, but they faced a rapidly changing and increasingly competitive marketplace based upon a generational shift towards electronic forms of communicating and transacting. In response to this market change Service Co. sought a business and technology transformation to establish clarity of the future operating model.
Service Co. sought a transformation architecture that would give clear direction to a capital works program, capable of delivering the technology foundations required to support the business transformation and a strategic roadmap, for the implementation of enterprise-wide capabilities in support of the business strategy. In doing so, Service Co. would align IT to an enterprise business model and increase re-use of architecture across the strategic programs.
Enterprise Architects delivered to Service Co.:
- Enterprise Business Capability Anchor Model that allowed Service Co. to view the transformation through business and technology lenses.
- Business, data, application and technology architecture blueprints for a target state.
- A consolidated and prioritised set of strategic program roadmaps.
- Tactics to improve alignment of strategic programs.
- Assessment of existing investment programs against the future state business needs.
Service Co. was able to align investment in business capability to meet the strategic objectives of the changing market. EA was able to make recommendations across capital allocation, effort, sequence, duplication and project boundaries.