Design In Business
Innovation and creativity have never been more vital to business, the ability to take new perspectives when it comes to problem solving is a sought after skill. Organisations need new solutions to improve their speed to market, but how do you know which great idea is going to work without going through three years of development and using up large amounts of budget and resources in the process?
Organisations need a tool to equip their teams of business analysts, architects and project managers that will deliver more creative solutions in shorter turnaround times, from the perspective of their customers, colleagues and stakeholders.
“Design in Business” is a Design Thinking course that introduces individuals and teams to design tools that will help them be more human-centred in their approach to problem solving. Attendees learn design tools used in launching new products and services to market, along with how to leverage these tools to support strategic planning, business analysis, architecture and agile delivery.
Delivered in partnership with
Attendees will gain the following skills within this course:
- How to look at challenges through a design mindset
- How to plan and conduct human-centred research
- How to synthesise research findings and set useful criteria for designing solutions
- How to ideate and conceptualise potential solutions that address the human-centric need
- How to prototype a potential solution to learn and refine the design to meet the need
- How to manage risk through action
- How to detect hidden growth opportunities in your business
- How to break the analysis-paralysis mindset and identify important areas to focus on
- Subject matter experts
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Strategic Planners
- Business Planners
- Business Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Domain Architects
Our learning approach immerses you into the mindsets of design. We challenge conventional ways of thinking to help you develop new mental models and thought processes to become a more effective innovator and problem solver.
The course will cover:
- Foundational Theories
- Design Process
- Research Planning
- Ethnographic Research Considerations
- Human Factors
- 3rd Order Design Tools and Methods
- Evidence Curation and Processing
- Synthesis and Insight Generation
- Design Principles and Criteria
- Ideation to Concepts
- Learning Launches and On-ramp Design
- Linkages to Business Model Innovation and Design, Strategic Planning and Business Architecture
Each attendee will receive a copy of the “Universal Methods of Design” as reference material for the various tools that will be used during the course. Attendees will learn about applying a selection of these Design tools to develop an understanding of people and their interconnections with one another and the business.